We've never met anybody who wasn't important...
You can access our Coombe Road Primary School Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Local Offer by clicking here (please be aware that Brighton & Hove Council are still to update this. We have been one-form entry since 2019). Information about Brighton and Hove Local Offer can be found by clicking here.
We are committed to providing an inclusive curriculum that ensures the best possible progress for all of our pupils whatever their needs or abilities. We encourage parents/carers to play an active role in their child’s education. We believe that confidence and self-esteem are the platform for effective learning. Some children may need to focus on these areas before we can secure further academic achievements. We recognise that many pupils will have special needs at some time during their school life. In implementing this policy, we believe that all pupils can be helped to achieve their full potential and experience success.
Our objectives are:
- To identify children with SEND as early as possible.
- To provide appropriate additional support which develop key skills and increases rates of progress.
- To plan an effective curriculum that is broad, balanced and relevant to the needs and interests of children with SEND.
- To work in close partnership and maintain effective communication with parents/carers of children who have SEND.
- To ensure that all who are involved with children are aware of the procedures for identifying their needs and use effective strategies to support and teach them.
- To work in close partnership, where appropriate, with outside agencies to support the needs and provision for children who have SEND.
- To ensure that every child becomes increasingly more independent by developing key skills that promote effective life-long learning.
Our SEND Policy can be found by clicking this link.
Some other useful documents can also be found on our Policies Page, such as the Accessibility Plan, Inclusion Policy and SEND Information Report.