"Pupils' love of school is evident in the way that so many skip and run into the school playground at the start of the school day!" Ofsted 2017
Coombe Road Primary School is a GOOD school (Ofsted June 2017):
- Pupils are polite, friendly and welcoming. They are proud of their school and behave well.
- Clear expectations, effective safeguarding procedures and strong relationships ensure that pupils are safe and secure.
- Effective leadership, high expectations and good-quality teaching in the early years mean that children settle very well into school life and make strong progress.
- Leaders and Governors have secured substantial and sustained improvements in the school's work since the previous inspection.
- The Headteacher has improved teamwork significantly. She has developed clear, detailed and effective plans for improvement which are understood by all members of staff.
- Governors are understandably proud of the improvements in the school's work and refer to the 'enormous turnaround operation' secured by school leaders.
- ALL parents who completed Ofsted's online questionnaire felt that pupils are taught well and that they make good progress.
- Pupils of all ages are interested in learning and are keen to do well. They respect adults and each other.
- Pupils feel safe and know what to do if they have a concern.
- Leaders respond promptly to and seriously to any concerns about pupils' behaviour and well-being.
- All groups of pupils, including disadvantaged pupils and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities, make equally strong progress.
- Improved teaching and higher expectations have ensured that the most able pupils make the same rapid progress as their classmates.
- Children make strong progress from their starting points during the Reception Year.