STARTING AT COOMBE ROAD
Starting a new school can be daunting, whatever age you are. Parents and children have lots of questions. We have included some information here to help you find the answers. If you have any further questions, please pop in to speak to one of our office staff or contact us on 01273 291188.
An ABC Booklet about Starting School can be downloaded below. It has all the information you need but please do feel free to speak to us.
During the pandemic, please refer to our latest guidance for up-to-date drop-off and pick-up times
THE SCHOOL DAY
Coombe Road middle gate and Milner Road (main entrance) open at 08:40.
KS2 children go straight to class via the middle doors and KS1 children go through the bottom door at the end of the ramp (stairs leading up from the playground). Reception children can enter with their parent/carer until they are settled into the routine of school life.
School begins at 08:45.
Coombe Road middle gate and Milner Road (main entrance) open at 14:55.
School finishes at 15:00 when parents/carers can collect their children from the middle playground (Juniors) or bottom playground (Infants).
If you are late to collect your child, you will find them waiting for you in the main office with Lumina, or at Buddies After School Club if you are very late (this is a chargeable provision - £6).
THE HOME-SCHOOL AGREEMENT
At Coombe Road Primary School we encourage our children to become willing, independent learners through a trusting partnership between the staff, the parents and the wider community. Everybody has the right to expect a welcoming, responsive and well resourced school which is a pleasure to visit and work in. To achieve this it is essential to have the co-operation of everyone concerned.
THE SCHOOL WILL:
- Allow the children to learn within a curriculum that is creative, meaningful and fun;
- Encourage children to do their best at all times by promoting good relationships and a love for learning;
- Not tolerate bullying or harassment of any kind;
- Keep parents/carers informed about school activities through newsletters, texting, telephone and our website — www.coomberoad.brighton-hove.sch.uk
- Inform parents/carers of their child’s progress;
- Be welcoming and encourage parents/carers to become involved in their child’s learning and the whole school community;
- Listen to any of your concerns and suggestions;
- Contact you if there is a problem with your child’s attendance or punctuality;
- Let you know if we have any concerns in school that is affecting your child’s learning.
THE PARENTS/CARERS WILL:
- See that my child comes to school regularly, arrives on time for registration at 8:45am and is picked up promptly at the end of the school day;
- Contact the school as early as possible on the first day of absence if my child will not be attending for any reason;
- Tell the school about anything that might affect my child’s learning or behaviour;
- Support the school’s policy on behaviour, including the Code of Conduct;
- Talk to the Headteacher or Assistant Headteacher around any issues they may have about the school – not publicly on social network sites;
- Support the school’s e-safety policy and not deliberately upload or add images, video, sounds or text that could upset or offend anyone;
- Help my child with their home learning and in finding opportunities for learning at home;
- Attend parents’ evenings and other discussions about my child’s learning;
- Ensure that my child comes to school wearing appropriate clothing and with appropriate PE kit.
THE CHILDREN WILL:
- Arrive at school in good time and not take unnecessary days off;
- Bring everything I need every day, particularly my reading book;
- Do as well as I can in all my learning, at school and at home;
- Wear school uniform and have my PE kit in school;
- Show respect for other people, their property and the school environment;
- Tell a grown up if anyone makes me feel sad or frightened in school;
- Uphold our Golden Values.