Ofsted report 2023
"CHILDREN reflect the ambitions that leaders have for them in the way they never give up. All pupils, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), are well supported. They benefit from the school’s ethos that there are no limits to what they can achieve.” Ofsted, 2023
Coombe Road Primary School is a GOOD school (Ofsted, February 2023):
- Children happily attend this inclusive school. They show joy in their lessons and talk about what they know with enthusiasm.
- The pastoral care that pupils receive helps them to learn and to feel safe.
- There is a culture of mutual respect and warmth throughout the school.
- Children reflect the ambitions that leaders have for them in the way they never give up.
- During break and lunchtimes, children share and play well together. They understand and meet the high behaviour expectations that staff have for them.
- The SEND provision of this school is ambitious and highly effective.
- In Reception, teachers ensure children have strong foundations of knowledge in phonics and number. Children maintain high levels of focus and attention within class. They behave well and are prepared personally, as well as academically, for learning in Year 1.
- Leaders have prioritised ensuring that clubs and enrichment opportunities are valuable to pupils.
- Staff are proud to work at the school and describe it as a caring and considerate family.
- Leaders provide staff with high quality training so that they know how to spot when a child or their family may need help.
Please see our press release below:
Ofsted Parent View is an online survey that allows anyone with parental responsibility for a child at the school to give their views about the school.
You can access 'Parent View' here.
our first 'Ofsted' report in 1912
Our first ever inspection was a two day inspection by a single HMI on Monday 25th November and Wednesday 27th November 1912.